Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Unconventional vs Conventional

A had quite the evening a couple nights ago. My friend had tickets to a wine tasting and invited me to tag along to enjoy different wine, beer and food. I'm always up for a good time and I've never been to a wine tasting so I thought, why not?

First off, we get to the registering table and grab our wine glasses. We had to get a number for auction items so my friend asks , "oh, is it just one per couple, okay, we're good." This statement made everyone look up and think we were a lesbian couple. Good, just how I like to start the night, with a whole bunch of stares thinking their seeing Ellen and Portia.

Second, as we were making our way to the dessert table, I knock over an entire bottle of Pinot Grigio. Great. As I turn around, embarrassed from my mistake, some 30-something woman says to me, "Don't worry about it, I'm just admiring your breasteses." This is by far the strangest thing anyone has ever said to me. And the sad part is she wasn't even drunk.

After a few more mishaps and awkward conversations, we headed home. It was a night for the books with delicious wine and food and some very interesting meet and greets.

No comments:

Post a Comment