Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My

This week I took a trip to a place I haven’t been to in years. I think the last time I was there was for a 9th grade Spanish field trip. Where is this magical land – the zoo of course! I took my 2 year-old goddaughter to the Minnesota Zoo for a day of good old-fashioned spoiling. We did the works: got cotton candy, saw every animal on foot, and even had time to pet a few stingrays.

It was such a good time. I don’t know why I don’t go to the zoo more often. It was beautiful out and she was so precious as she asked, “let’s see more aminals!”

Do you ever miss those times when you were little and found the simplest things intriguing? I do. She loved every moment of that day and laughed when I hit my head on the slide at the playground (much like my daily mirror incident with the buses at school). Kids are so simple and sweet. How could I resist when she asked to see “dollpins” (dolphins) and for more juice for her “hippie cup” (sippy cup).

P.S. A little quote of the day:
As Bad Romance started playing in the car she yelled, “Hey, it’s Lady Gaga.” Let me remind you, she’s 2! Haha. Might as well start them early on the Gagaloo.

No comments:

Post a Comment