Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust

My wonderful evening was just spent listening to a lecture on "Turkey as an energy corridor between the Caspian Sea and Europe." For those of you who know me, I have the attention span of a squirrel when it's not looking for his nuts and acorns (tid bit of information - the squirrel has the attention span of one second on normal things and about four minutes on nuts and acorns).

It all started when my German teacher offered us extra credit for going to this lecture we were told was on Turkey. How Turkey and Germany are related, no one knows. So my German buddy and I trekked our way to the library rotunda to build up our knowledge on the natural gas pipelines through eastern Europe.

The room was filled with professors and know-it-alls. I have not felt that out of place in a while. Why is it that when your forced to be quiet, the simplest things become the funniest? I would laugh at everything from my aching butt in those hard chairs to my lack of attention on the lecture. At one point my friend, arguing with one professor, stated something relating to the material and I simply stated, "oh, I wasn't listening". Of course this made her laugh, which made me laugh - and I laugh loud!

All in all, I further embarrassed myself and have decided the only reason I should be attending these things is for the free cake at the end. Other than that, I got a lot of looks from the "scholarly" bunch and have decided that they are boring. P.S. There is another lecture tomorrow night - free cake will be served, but I won't be there. Don't think I can handle another one of those - I'll forever be the squirrel.

1 comment:

  1. What does the caspian sea and lake superior have in common?

    One red faced man who asked stupid questions....no...statements about how Superior is larger. How is that relevant to natural gas pipelines?

    Ja Voll!

    ReplyDelete