Thursday, April 8, 2010

What we do for a little attention




I was just reading a few magazines on my afternoon off and I realized something… everything in those magazines on hair, beauty, nails and even fashion is related to what a boy thinks of it. Am I the only one who finds this completely ridiculous?

Shouldn’t we dress the way we want to? I don’t want to dress like every other B Dubs on this campus that looks identical to the last; I’m not saying I’m one of those people with a super individual look or a bombshell in any way but I do not want to be associated with those gals. I’d rather wear sweats and glasses every day with no male attention, ever!

Okay, back to what I was getting at. All these articles were based on dating and relationships and how to style your hair or apply your perfume so that he’ll notice or smell your scent. Since when did women start following these rules? I don’t want to match every other woman out there. If all women did this we would have no individuality and look like robots in skanky dresses that showed off our boobs, legs and, according to these magazines, collarbone. I understand what men think is sexy (at least I thought I did) but that does not mean you have to conform to it. Be an individual and show off your quirky side. Yes, some people get freaked out (you should see the looks I get everyday) but at least they’ll know who you are right off the bat and you can start something fresh with a side of entertainment, you being the entertainment. If a guy doesn’t like you for your true, quirky (yes, everybody has a quirky side) self, then he’s probably not worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment