Saturday, April 3, 2010

Epic Gas Station Sushi

So.. From time to time, my fellow blogger and I head up the road a ways and eat delicious gas station sushi... Now- for those of you who do not know what this phenomenon is, let me explain, before you judge us... There is this old abandoned gas station up the road near the Sam's Club, and adjacent to the gas station, attached by a wall or two, is this little gem we refer to as "gas station sushi"... I am not sure it has a real name in fact...

Anywho... While we were eating our meal one day, devouring delicious avocado and salmon sushi rolls and crunchy shrimp tempura rolls, we seemed to get the better of ourselves, and got lost in conversation- surprise surprise right... Well, when I realized that I was actually full, I had one lonely roll left over on my plate...

Now, we decided that this was pretty sad, and we could not just leave it sitting on my plate (well wooden board) all alone and unattended to- so we made one EPIC roll out of it. It turned into what I think can only be called a Wasabi Bomb Roll... One avocado and salmon roll, 5 layers of wasabi, in between each there was a thin slice of ginger, and to top it all off- a tail from one of our delicious crunchy shrimp tempura rolls.

Does anyone think this does not sound delicious? If you said yes to this, you have no idea what good food is...

1 comment:

  1. As epic as that sushi 'Wasabi Bomb Roll' was, I look absolutely hideous. Thanks Sina Bobina. I'm guessing the next one will be that pic I look like a movie star in with those 'couture' (aka see through) shirts. Next time I'm taking a pic of you with something ridiculous! Your lucky I kinda like you. Haha.

    Kenzer

    ReplyDelete