Monday, April 26, 2010

The Weekend Update

This past weekend I went home to see my family and to enjoy the perks of being home. My family had a big surprise to show me when I got there - they had just purchased a Jeep (you know the kind with no cover and you look like one of those mountaineers in the commercials driving it?) I was so excited to drive it, take my pup for rides with the top off and embrace my inner outdoor, expedition girl (well as much as I could considering I live in a suburban Wisconsin town).

Immediately I jumped in, only to find out it was manual. OK, this could be a little different than the automatic car I had driven since I got my license many moons ago.

The next morning my dad took me for a spin in the parking lot for a mere 20 minutes until I got super frustrated at the fact that he forget to tell me a few minor (major) things to do in certain situations. I finally got it though and can now drive on my own, with my pup, through the great suburban wilderness. It is pretty funny to watch me take off though... you can see Ruby's (my puppy) head sticking out the window and as I take off, she bounces back and forth in the seat because I'm a little shaky, OK a lotta shaky. Practice makes perfect!

P.S. The picture on the top right is one of the only hiking pictures I own - I practically collapsed climbing a mountain in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment