Friday, April 2, 2010

The Ruby Chronicles

You've all heard about my puppy, Ruby. I've shared a few of her high jinks's with you and I've got a few more to add to the collection. I came home early for Easter on Thursday to surprise my family. Ruby was by far the most surprised; jumping everywhere with a plastic bucket torn to shreds. (My mom had set out a plastic ice cream pail of water for Ruby while she was gardening yesterday. So what does the pup do, she dumps out the water and takes the bucket as a chew toy.) My mom came out of the door surprised and was still fuming from this dog's latest shenanigans.

In about 24 hours, here is the destruction list of Ruby, aka Houdini:
1. My grandmother had made Manicotti for my family and there was one piece left, unattended at the edge of the counter. Ruby jumps up to the counter, snags the manicotti and runs to the dining room. By the time my dad got to her she had feasted and looked up at him with her usual expression of, 'what?, what did I do?'
2. Again, food. The butter dish my family has was sitting up on the counter. On her usual hunt through the kitchen, she jumped up and the butter dish fell and shattered. At least she cleaned up though... the edible part.
3. My mom was gardening all day yesterday and brought the hose out. Fifteen minutes later she finds Ruby chewing on a metal piece. Let's just say that hose is unusable now.
4. When my mother left to run an errand yesterday, Ruby (who has an electric fence) was free to roam the property for a measly 15 minutes. So what does she do? Run down to our lake, through the fence line, not able to get back in. My mom came home looking for her and heard barking. Ruby was sitting at the edge of the dock barking the entire time. She had to drag her across to get the dog to come through the line again.

Who/what will be her next victim? One can never know. If that all happened within 24 hours, I don't even want to know what's next.

P.S. How could that sweet little pup on the right turn into that mischievous animal on the left?

No comments:

Post a Comment