Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Wonderful Day- Full of People and Treats...

I've always made such a big deal about meeting significant others' parents (and family for that matter)- but now that I have, I guess I am not sure why I waited so long to do it... So when the man-friend's mom text me and invited me to join them for lunch (without the comfort and cushioning of the man-friend) how could i pass that up- free food and time one-on-one with her.

So, when yesterday rolled around, I did just that, and I met the man-friend's mom and sister for an afternoon of lunch and shopping, and I had a BLAST. We met at the Olive Garden at 11 (not my favorite place in the world, but I only know what it is like to get the soup and salad deal because I am too poor to get anything else, turns out their food isn't terrible), where we laughed, exchanged stories about each other, and the men in our lives (them telling me about mine), and discussed the days plans. We then drove to the mall, and shopped our bank accounts away. Now, I am not usually one to find things here in our tiny little thing they like to pretend is a mall, but when I am not paying for them (Karen- the mother- would not let me buy anything for myself), it gets a little easier to find things... Once the mall had exceeded its limits, we went to the next store, and the next, and the next, and on and on until Duluth was all shopped out.

Overall, the day was a success, and I had a ton of fun, and all that worrying for all of those months was a waste. I am such a loser. I could not ask for better people to be able to hang around with, eh?

4 comments:

  1. also can I have a different name? (man friend?) sheesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey- man friend is a nice name- it is more ambiguous, and it is what i have been calling you since day one of "us"... and what is "WOW!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that-- I can't even imagine breaking up with Jordan now that I have become so close to his family. I'm practically sisters with the other girlfriends in the family and we've become so close! It's kind of scary, but I mean what else could a girl ask for?!? :) Glad you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete