Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Re-Connecting with Old Friends- Or Not...

Does anyone else think it is weird when you get a random text message out of the blue saying "hey! what's up?"or an invite to a group asking for your phone number when someone got a new phone, from someone you haven't spoken to in FOREVER? I think that this is a rare occurrence, but something that does indeed happen more often that not (and not only to me- from what I am hearing).

Just the other day, I was sitting on my couch, and I got a message from someone I literally have not spoken a word to- or even thought about- since at least sophomore year of high school. I am not friends with them on facebook- so I can't even stalk them. I have NO idea where they are in their lives, what they are doing, or know anything about them (anymore), and yet, for some reason, they were inspired to text me a "hey! what's up?" message on this faithful and odd day. I had no idea what to do or say back- so, the chicken I am did nothing. LAME.

But seriously, can you blame me? What would you have done...?

No comments:

Post a Comment