Monday, June 28, 2010

She Works Hard for the Money

This summer I took on a new job as a beverage cart girl at a local golf course. First of all, I love this job! I make excellent tips, enjoy the small talk with strangers, and get to be outside - what could be better?

While working yesterday some guy asked me if I've ever read 'Diaries of a Beer Cart Girl' or something like that. I said no but that I had enough stories to publish it in volumes. They laughed and went on there way. I have heard it all by now - the good, the bad and the ugly. I've made friends with old geezers that call me Mac as a nickname because they see me so much and avoided some creepers at all costs.

This job never sees a dull day because you always get at least one strange occurrence throughout your shift. Whether it's my wacky boss or the customers it's always sure to be an interesting day! Oh, and I do work hard for the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment