Friday, June 25, 2010

Brides, and Grooms, and Churches... OH MY!

So... This has been the longest week of my life I think! Thank goodness it is the weekend... And lucky me- I am going to my old roommates wedding this weekend- which will be just super... I LOVE getting the question, "so when will you be getting married?". It is the WORST! Just because I did not rush int marriage and a child- like the rest of my graduating class seemed to- does not mean that I am a loser, a lesbian (as I do have a man-friend), or don't believe in the institution of marriage- I just want to wait until I know it is the right time... So be aware wedding guests- if you ask me that dreaded question- I will either ignore you or slap you...

Maybe you think I am overreacting, but when you get asked that question, let me know how you feel. I had to deal with it almost every weekend last summer for my sisters wedding, and I was about to loose my cool... Thank goodness for alcohol (and don't worry- I am not an alcoholic)...

On a less cynical note- I hope everyone has a great weekend, and enjoy being single (if you are)!

1 comment:

  1. I am having a loverly weekend! Thanks for the thought! Best of luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete