Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Guess What...

45 Days till Spring Break! It may seem like a lot still but February is next week and March is just a hop, skip and a jump after that.
It's especially exciting seeing that the temperature right now is a balmy 5 degrees. Ick! Why do we put ourselves through this frigid, cold weather year after year. I ask myself everyday, "Why did you choose Duluth again?" Well, I'm here now so I might as well just suck it up and wait a few measly weeks. Please let me make it that long and not freeze.
I can see it now: starting the day off by walking outside into the subzero weather. Beginning my trek down the hill to the bus stop, hitting a patch of ice and sliding down the entire hill halted at the end by an icy snow bank, only to be found later by some alcoholic on the way to the liquor store across the road.
I know, I'm not the most positive but you have to be prepared for this weather. Think the worst and it is usually somewhat better. The one thing getting me through this is the thought of a hammock, a margarita and the 90 degree weather of Costa Rica... bring in on winter!

1 comment:

  1. Guess What...

    I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TWO TO COME TO LA CROSSE THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!! :D yay!

    ReplyDelete