Monday, December 21, 2009

The 'Losing It' Factor

First of all, I dedicate this to my good friend Meredith. No matter how crazy you are, I love every bit of it and am right there with you!

In the midst of finals week you see it all: caffeine highs and lows, sleepless bodies wandering the halls, packed library and frantic students running to turn in their papers at the last possible second. It happens every semester and even though we always manage to make it through, we are continuously thinking “How the heck am I supposed to finish on time?” We look to all sorts of things (Red Bull anyone) and hope that it has magical powers to kick our butts into gear but in a way all that caffeine only adds to the ‘losing it’ factor. It was only today that I saw numerous people who were losing it, including myself. A friend of mine forgot to zip her pants up, I tripped up the stairs with coffee in my hands and spilt everywhere (not a pretty sight, oh and like you’ve never done it before), we forget where we put things and practically break down until we realize they’re in our pants pockets. The key is to keep your sanity by just laughing at yourself and knowing that an entire month of not having to enter the school is waiting for you. Good luck on the rest of your finals and for those of you who are done, Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment