Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Etsy Love

I have always loved Etsy but have come to love it even more the past few months. I LOVE art (what art historian doesn’t) and I find it difficult to purchase works that I like and can afford.

Usually, I end up painting some form of a piece I adore with my choice of medium and minor alterations and it turns out, um, disappointing. It’s always because I fall in love with a specific piece and want it and I will jump and shout till it is framed and placed on my wall where everyone can marvel at it. I forced my father to get me a Jackie O print for Christmas this year. He fought me on the size but there it was wrapped underneath the Christmas tree. (Side note: I have an obsession with Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, just so you know for future reference)

Ok, back to Etsy. You can find great prints of originals that are very inexpensive and look great. I have found birthday gifts, decorating bits and jewelry and clothing on that wonderful, God sent site. Here are a few things I’ve purchased or love:


There are some of the coolest paper products whether your looking for calendars, notecards, stationary or letters...
2010 Printable Calendar, Yaelfran
9.oo

I found this artist's prints and thought they were absolutely adorable! I think they would be really sweet in one of my baby cousin's room...
Top: At Pools Edge
Bottom: Girl in the Yellow Suit
kikiandpolly, 20.00
The clothes are always original and you can find some really sweet and original vintage clothing...
Vintage 1950s Happy Landing Dress
13 Bees

And below, this collection reminds me of something a chic French woman would wear and who wouldn't want that...
Floppy Wool Skirt
Modaspia

No comments:

Post a Comment